Can you believe that today was a “Sunscreen Day”? If the UV index is a 5 or above we need to apply sunscreen to children who will be outside more than 20 minutes. We use a lotion from Rocky Mountain Sunscreen- here is information taken from their website (http://www.rmsunscreen.com/128OunceGallonSPF50Kids.aspx) explaining their product:
- Enhanced Bonding Base Formula
- SPF 50 Broad Spectrum 400nm UVA / UVB with Avobenzone
- Water Resistant (80 Minutes)
- Hypoallergenic Moisturizing Sunscreen
- Safe for daily use
- Greaseless and non-comedogenic
- Free of fragrance, DEA, nut oil, gluten, glycol, PABA, Casein, silicone, and retinyl palmitate.
- Provides maximum FDA certified, broad spectrum protection. Allows skin to breathe and perspire, keeping body cool naturally. Bonding-based formulas do not wash away during water activities or periods of extreme perspiration.
If you choose to supply your own sunscreen for your child it needs to be a lotion – we do not use spray products. The product needs to be given to a teacher – none can be stored in their cubby.