BCCC Summer Program
NOTE: Due to restrictions on enrollment our program is currently full. This page will be updated if we are able to add more children at a later time.
We have guidelines to follow due to COVID19 so our summer program will operate differently than a typical summer.
If you would like to sign up for summer care, please use this link.
Weekly Rates: 5 days: 252, 4 days: 212, 3 days 166.50
I have been communicating with contacts at MDH and as this registration opens, we are still limited in the number of students we can have in each classroom (10 students to 1 teacher). Therefore, I want to be clear about the order/priority in which we will enroll the children.
If, after registration is open for 2 weeks, there are more children that request summer care than we have space to offer, we will use the following guidelines to confirm which of the registrants will be enrolled. You will receive a confirmation the first week of April.
Here are the requirements and priorities:
- Children must attend a minimum of 7 weeks.
- We will give priority to children who sign up for 4 or 5 days a week.
- We will give priority first to children who have attended BCCC during this current school year, then to children who have attended BCCC previously, and finally to children new to BCCC.
- If we have space, we will enroll children for 3 days a week.
Most Tuesday mornings, we will have Summer Games with Coach Mike over at Cooper Park field. We are unsure if we will be able to have swim lessons at the YWCA on Fridays both because we do not know if it is an option and we would need to travel by Metro Transit.
A few things you may like to know about our center & COVID:
- We have not had any classroom closures due to positive cases or exposure.
- Each classroom and the Fellowship Hall have an air purifier with UV lights running.
- We follow CDC protocol for cleaning.
- Children wash their hands often and we train them to use a 30 second sand timer as a reminder of how long to wash them.
- We love to play outside and will continue to take advantage of that this summer.
We appreciate your understanding as we know this is not the ideal summer scenario.